On January 20, 2011 we had our first planning and information meeting for the Grover Pumpkin Festival. We had strong attendance from the community and began discussing ideas for the event. Below are some of those ideas:
Wall of Pumpkins
- 600-700 pumpkins that have been carved before and during the festival get stacked up to create a wall and lit to close the festival activities. After the pumpkins are set a glow a brief fireworks show will take place.
- Inflatable obstacle courses and jump houses
- Amusement Rides
- Rock Wall
Treat or Treat Trail
- Begin on Cleveland Avenue, down Main Street, up Carolina Street and back down Cleveland Avenue.
- Start around 5:30pm
- Each group will have “Tour Guide” to take them to the designated Trick or Treat homes.
- Signs will also be created to help you follow the Trick or Treat Trail
- Costume contests for kids, teens, adults and pets
- Pie Eating
- Pumpkin Pie Making
- Seed Spitting
- Pumpkin Carving
All contest will need sponsors so we can give away prizes, if you would like to sponsor any of these contest please visit our sponsor page.
- The proposed site is behind the Inn of the Patriots. This will be an exciting attraction at this years festival and will be open the entire month of October.
- Route will be Cleveland Avenue, Main Street & Carolina. Will begin at the Inn of the Patriots and will include a headless horseman as your driver.
Little Miss Pumpkin Queen
- Penny votes at the local elementary school will determine this years winner of Little Miss Pumpkin Queen. Details will be coming soon.
Food, Craft Vendors
- A festival would not be a festival with out great food and a lot of vendors. We will have both. If you are interested in becoming a vendor please visit our Vendor page.
- Just like last year we will be bringing back the beer garden for those who qualify age wise. This will be a designated area in which the customer and the beverage have to stay in. We reserve the right to remove anyone who does not follow our stated policies for this area.
- Several music acts will grace the stage with our headliner being a national recording artist from Nashville.
- Along with music acts we will have a Comedian/Magician and a dance group.
This was a great first meeting and we have laid the groundwork to making the Grover Pumpkin Festival North Carolina’s Newest Tradition. We will need the continued support from our local community and sponsors to make this the best festival in our area. If you are interested in sponsoring this event click here. If you are interested in being a volunteer please click here.