On February 23, 2012 we will have our first planning and information meeting for the 2012 Grover Pumpkin Festival. We had strong attendance from the community in 2011 and we look forward to seeing everybody at our first meeting of the year. Below are some of the ideas and events we will be discussing:
Wall of Pumpkins
- Building on the success of our pumpkin wall of 600-700 pumpkins last year we want to get the word out to the community to bring their own pumpkins to add to the wall to see how many pumpkins we can light in one night. Again this year we plan on having the pumpkins carved before and during the festival get stacked up to create a wall and lit to close the festival activities.
- Inflatable obstacle courses and jump houses
- Amusement Rides
- Rock Wall
Treat or Treat Trail
- Discuss how the trail went and what updates we can make.
- Start time – 5:30pm
We had a great turnout last year for our contests and we are looking to build on that again this year. All contest will need sponsors so we can give away prizes, if you would like to sponsor any of these contest or know of companies who would please bring those ideas to the meeting.
- As in 2011 the proposed site for the corn maze is behind the Shiloh Presbyterian Church. This was a huge success in 2011 and we hope it will continue to be an exciting attraction at this years festival.
- The proposed route will begin at the Inn of the Patriots and will include a headless horseman as your driver.
Little Miss Pumpkin Queen
- Penny votes at the local elementary school will determine this years winner of Little Miss Pumpkin Queen.
Food, Craft Vendors
- A festival would not be a festival with out great food and a lot of vendors. We will have both.
- Discuss who we want to be our headliner for 2012
- Along with music acts we will have a Comedian/Magician and a dance group.
This first meeting will give us the opportunity to plan this years event as well as discuss what areas we need to improve upon. We will need the continued support from our local community and sponsors to make this the best festival in our area again this year.